Robertshaw Vibration Monitor Series 366
Common US Models
The product contains a vibration detecting mechanism, which also functions as a "mechanical amplifier" to activate a snap-action switch when the set level of vibration is exceeded. The vibration switch is meant to react to the total destructive force(s) acting on the equipment and is available with a manual and remote reset option.
The 366 series of vibration switches are sensitive to vibration in a direction perpendicular to its mounting base.
Robertshaw Model 366 Quote Request
- Please fill this form to receive a e-mail quote.
- Requests can also be sent to email@example.com.
- If this is urgent please call
1-862-244-4430 Ext 107
The Model 366 vibration switch is an acceleration sensitive instrument that measures the total acceleratory shock present on the machine. When the vibration level of a vibration switch protected machine exceeds normal by a pre-selected amount, an internal switch closes, actuating either an audible warning system or a shutdown circuit before costly damage occurs. Failing bearings, broken blades and similar malfunctions cause increased imbalance or high frequency vibration detectable with the vibration switch. This product is designed for maintenance-free service in permanent installations where general purpose weather-resistant enclosures are required.
The 366 series has a snap-action switch that is only resettable by pressing the manual reset button or by using the reset coil. It is normal, once the switch has been adjusted for normal operation, for the switch to trip during startup and short term vibrations. The reset coil can be used to reset the switch without going to the actual unit. We usually recommend the inclusion of the reset option, since without it an operator will have to hold the Manual Reset button in during startup and go out to the equipment to reset the switch for a minor disturbance.
Features & Benefits
- Acceleration sensitive:
- Measures total destructive shock, not displacement.
- No maintenance:
- No moving parts except when set-point is exceeded.
- Continuous protection:
- No attention required after installation.
- Long life span:
- Instrument is rugged and durable - no wearing parts.
- Remote reset available:
- Choice of remote electrical or manual at unit.
- Self powered:
- Does not require any form of external power to operate.
- Gerneral Specifications
- All 366 switches have CSA Enclosures 4 and 5 ( equivalent to NEMA 4 & NEMA 12 ) a range of 0-4.5 G with either SPDT or DPDT (ganged) load contacts and manual reset