WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
General Specifications - Bimetal Dial Thermometers
- Sturdy, corrosion resistant series 304
stainless steel case and bezel.
Designed and constructed to
provide a hermetic seal which prevents crystal fogging and damage caused
by moisture to the working components.
- Anti parallax heavy gauge aluminum
with white matte finish to reduce
glare. Dished form with Celsius on lower inner plane and Fahrenheit on raised
outer plane offers accurate
indication of both scales.
- EXTERNAL RESET:
- A slotted-hex adjustment head offers screwdriver or wrench use to field calibrate the thermometer. This
feature allows maximum accuracy at a selected area of temperature range. O-ring gasket prevents leakage and maintains weather tight seal. Note - use well agitated bath and accurate test thermometer when making any adjustment.
- Optically clear, strong glass, gasketed to maintain weather
tight integrity. Acrylic and Lexan cystals are available as an option but
not recommended for case temperature exceeding 200°F maximum (150°F maximum for plastic/acrylic lens).
- Balanced, lightweight aluminum with matte black finish.
- 304 SS welded at tip and case connector to prevent
leakage. 1/4" diameter is standard, 3/8" is available. Stem lengths to
72" are available as well as 316SS stem and connector assemblies.
- For accurate temperature readings, immerse the stem a
minimum of 2 inches in agitated liquid or 4 inches in moving air or gas.
- OVER RANGE:
- Temporary over or under range of 50% of scale up to 500°F
or 260°C will not affect the instrument's accuracy.
- BIMETAL ELEMENT:
- An extremely responsive
temperature sensing helix which has been carefully sized and tested, heat treated and aged to relieve
inherent stresses and insure continued accuracy.
- Guaranteed to be accurate to within 1% of full scale (Grade A per ASME B40.3).
Calibration is to standards traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- HERMETIC SEAL:
- Hermetically sealed per ASME B40.3. Guaranteed not to fog up.
- Bimetal element is coated with viscous silicone to
minimize pointer oscillation and to improve temperature transmission for
ranges from -20° to 400°F.
- FILLED THERMOMETER POLICY:
- It is not recommended that filled instruments
be used for continual use at operating temperatures above of 400°F(204°C)
or below -100° F(-70° C}. Under no circumstances will an instrument warranty apply nor will the manufacturer
assume any liability for use above these temperatures