ABB FPD510 Compact Integral Orifice Flow Meter
The FPD510 IOMaster is an integral orifice-based flowmeter designed to
greatly simplify specification, installation and commissioning.
Its one-piece flow meter assembly features the following:
- Orifice flow meter assembly complete with choice of integral orifice plate bores, for pipe sizes 1/2, 1 and 1-1/2 in. (DN15, DN25 and DN40)
- Optional upstream and downstream pipe work
- Integral 3- or 5-valve instrument manifold
- Integral DP or multivariable transmitter, factory-fitted to manifold
- Fully leak tested
- Compact flowmeter for small pipelines & flowrates
- - available for pipe sizes 1/2, 1 and 11/2 in. (DN15, DN25 and DN50)
- a wide variety of standard orifice bores in each size enables very low flowrate measurement
- Choice of threaded connection or flanged metering run
- - flanged version includes necessary lengths of upstream and
- threaded version enables direct connection of threaded pipework
- Direct-mount transmitter and manifold
- - problems caused by impulse piping eliminated by mounting the
transmitter and manifold directly onto the meter
- compact flowmeter assembly complete with manifold and ABB DP or Multivariable transmitter
- Calibrated for optimum accuracy
- - units can be water-calibrated, providing an element metering accuracy of up to 0.5 % of reading when used within calibrated range.
- Factory acceptance report
- - supplied with report detailing results of critical inspection checks, plus certification data
IOMaster avoids many of the difficulties involved in the sizing,
selection, procurement, installation and commissioning of conventional
orifice plate installations.
With all the major components in one assembly, IOMaster eliminates the problems of sourcing multiple components. It provides large savings in cost and time due to the simplicity of the design and installation.
The Integral transmitter and manifold with compact tapping connections eliminates the need to run and connect impulse piping and offers: guaranteed accuracy of positioning and installation of the tapping points, and reduced possibility of impulse line blockage
Reduced number of potential leakage points
- The assembly is pressure tested in the factory, giving the user confidence that the connections between the tapping points and the transmitter are completely free of leaks.
- Every unit is flow calibrated, ensuring the performance of
the complete flowmeter, not just the flow element.
- New 'through-the-glass' (TTG) keypad technology enables configuration without the need to remove instrument covers, even in hazardous areas.
- Element centralizing system ensures every meter is concentric with its pipe, thus avoiding significant additional metering errors
- Factory configuration saves the user time during commissioning and ensures that the flowmeter output span truly matches that of the application flowrate